January 1st, 2012

It is said by some cultures that how you spend your first day of the new year is how you will spend the rest of your year. What an interesting thought and it really makes me think about how I spend today, January 1st, 2012. I need to make sure to exercise, cuddle with the kids, have meaningful conversations with friends, incorporate some business and personal growth reading and much more. What I don't want to do at all and what I need to do the most is work on my taxes! I am normally not one to procrastinate, but I seem to do so much better if I am in the mood for something. I am working my way up to doing taxes. Then, I think, do I want to spend the rest of the year doing taxes? Well, I have decided to think about it this way, doing the taxes today will show that I am efficient, on task, not procrastinating, willing to do what needs to be done, even when I don't want to do it, determined, focused and stronger than my emotions that want to be lazy today. So, no, I will not be adding columns of numbers the rest of this year, but rather doing what needs to be and what is most important every day for the rest of the year. I will start my year off right today with minding my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invitation to my girlfriends

Grandpa Charles' visit

Mother's Day, 2009