Pozole

When you have a big family, it is extremely hard to find a food that everyone will like and eat. Recently at a Lion's Club get together, several of the women were teasing me about starting a cook book because my food is simple, but yummy and the miracle being that children will eat it! So, I figured I would occasionally blog a recipe, especially one that it universally liked. I love having a big pot of pozole on the stove and when I have Arbonne team meetings in the fall and winter, it is often available. I get asked for the recipe constantly. It is simple, inexpensive and tastes great! So, I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!



Pozole

Ingredients:

3 lbs of diced pork

Oil

2 cloves garlic

½ onion diced

Whole bunch of cilantro

2 cans of diced green chilis

1 large can hominy

2 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

2 tsp cumin

2 tsp oregano

8 cups beef broth

Instructions:

Brown pork in oil with garlic and onion

Add all other ingredients and cook (except the cilantro, add the cilantro near the end when getting ready to serve) Cook for an hour on a low/medium heat.

Serve with lime and diced up cabbage


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invitation to my girlfriends

Grandpa Charles' visit