It's a Wonderful Life

Tonight I had a very interesting encounter with a friend that I met about 5 years ago. She had come over for a class that my husband was conducting. She wanted to thank me for "everything". She was telling me that I had touched her life in so many ways and that I touch the lives of many in such a positive way everyday.She said she has learned so much from me and our relationship has encompassed more than just our Arbonne business.  My response was that I don't do anything special. Then, she said, "Yes, you do, you are just like the movie It's a Wonderful Life, you have no idea how many people you impact."

This conversation is very special to me because sometimes I have a hard time seeing my own successes or that I do anything particularly well. I tell my husband, Victor, regularly that he is so lucky that his gifts are so obvious. He has helped and healed hundreds or thousands of people. When I first married him, patients just wanted to rave and tell me so many stories about how he had helped them or their family members. I always tell him that he is just like the movie It's a Wonderful Life, he touches the lives of many. I would think, what is my gift? What is my calling? What is my purpose?

This friend of mine has no idea because I don't talk about it to anyone but Victor, how much I always associate that movie with him. So, to have someone be so kind and "sing my praises" so to speak and to actually reference something that I have referenced many times felt like God was really sending me a message through an earthly angel.I feel so humbled and my spirit is just overflowing tonight. I feel like God just told me that I do matter, that I do help others, that I am appreciated. I am still processing this. I had a day of extreme highs and lows due to outside circumstances and I felt pretty exhausted tonight. How good to know that when we are struggling, tired and weak, God can manage to get a message to us and lift our spirits once again. We are never alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invitation to my girlfriends

Grandpa Charles' visit