Keeping the faith

Many of you know that I started a healthy living lifestyle change in January. I struggle with my weight in large part due to a non functioning thyroid, I had cancer and radiation in 1999. Ever since then I have battled my weight. Prior to that, I would go through childbirth and always drop back down to a healthy weight within a few months.

I was hesitant to share because I wondered if this would work for me. I am using Arbonne's Fit Essential products and led a group here in Boise through a detox and elimination plan where we identified foods we were allergic to etc. I want to share with you some of the thoughts that are running through my mind today because there are many.

My weight loss has been very slow. In fact, in the last 4 weeks, I haven't lost much, 2 or 3 pounds. What did happen in the last 4 weeks was that I dropped 5% body fat and 13 inches!!!! It would be so easy to quit when the scale wasn't moving and normally that is what I would do. I would figure that I may as well eat what I want to eat if I am not going to lose weight, but things are so different this year. Here are some of the differences.

1. I DECIDED that I want to focus on consuming only things that nourish me. If they aren't providing essential vitamins etc, they are toxic and I don't want toxins.

2. I FOCUSED on how good I would feel if I ate as I know I should be eating. Being in ALIGNMENT with my beliefs, what I know to be true.

3. I took it one day at a time and really made myself go to the gym and complete my workouts. FYI, I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill and do 20 minutes of a circuit weight training system, 3 times per week. This has been the hardest part for me. I never want to do all 30 minutes on the treadmill or the weights. I have to psyche myself up every single time and tell myself that if I can be DEDICATED to my health, it will transfer into other areas of my life.

The results: down 20 pounds, 5% body fat and 13 inches :) I am determined to continue on this lifestyle change. I am very good about drinking my protein shakes, detox tea and my energy fizz tabs. If you want more information about these products, check my website www.nicolesanchez.myarbonne.com or feel free to contact me at vonda626@msn.com. I am avoiding breads and sugar. I do slip up, but the best thing about this is that I am still being steady at losing or maintaining. I do go out with my friends or eat out occasionally, but I get right back to the plan. A huge key is all in my mind, this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. I want to be healthier for the rest of my life. I actually figure that if I don't lose a pound, I am still going to eat this way for my health.

So, I encourage you to be dedicated and commit to your plan, whatever it may be. It feels so good to take the first step and start and then to continue those baby steps each day. Even when you feel like you haven't made any progress, the way I was feeling this past four weeks, one day you will wake up and SEE just how far you have come.

In good health,

Nicole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invitation to my girlfriends

Grandpa Charles' visit